Friday, May 27, 2011

A marathon!

So you all know that I love to run. I ran the day before I delivered Collin maybe this is why I was 4 days early. My friend, Janie, and I had traded babysitting for about 3 months so she could train for her marathon and me for my half. I ran my half on April 30th. I decided for this year that I would host my own marathon so I wouldn't have to pay the $95 and I wouldn't feel the pressure of training well. The week of May 14 I thought about running the 26.2 that Saturday. Well the night before I ate 4 huge cookies and decided that forsure tomorrow would be the DAY. I did it! The only proof I have are a couple of families working out in their front yards wondering why I kept running past them since I used my house as the potty and water breaks.

4 comments:

Skylar and Sabrina said...

I can't believe you just ran your own marathon. That's awesome. I don't think I would have the motivation to just do it myself. You're an inspiration. And I totally love that you still ran 9 months pregnant!

smalltoes said...

That is great!! We really need to get together and catch up.

Three Men and a Janie said...

Janene=AWESOME! My hero! I can't wait until my ankle heals up so we can run together again.

I also laughed at your grocery store stories... I have been in that situation many times! Its better to laugh about it than cry about it - this I know from experience as well!!

Erin said...

Such a goer, you are!! Impressive! Love ya, erin