


Although Collin looks a little more like me than Dev, he has Devin's root beer eyes. Collin loves to get on top of and into things. The scariest time or times I should say are when he climbs the brick steps that are around the gas fireplace, but are not meant for actually walking on, to get onto the air hockey table. When he has scaled the bricks he stands straight and walks around the table like he has somewhere to go. He is so quiet about it. Sometimes I don't realize what he has done until I hear the hockey table rocking a bit and then I put 2 and 2 together and run back down stairs. One time while in the same room, I looked over to find him laying awkwardly in a basket of blankets that is by the brick wall. He had fallen landing sideways into the basket of blankets (thank goodness) while trying to climb the steps. Oh-my another brave child. It only took him once falling down the flight of stairs to know that going down them wasn't a good idea. We never put up a gate after that either but watched him more closely and really he hasn't fallen down since. He was 8 months then. Wow, I am sounding like an irresponsible mother. I hope my mom isn't reading all of this:)
No comments:
Post a Comment