Sunday, March 14, 2010

The above slide show is over our last two weekends. We stayed in Victoria, a three hour drive, for two days. We went through a lot of museums and enjoyed the outside views. This last weekend we went to a pot latch for the first nations. We stayed for only a day because hotels were booked but we got to enjoy a full day of traditional song and dances. There was a huge bon fire in the middle of the long house so we were pretty smoked out by the end of the night.

These two pictures are of the house Devin made from the drift logs. He is so talented and I can't believe he lifted all those logs by himself. Oh yeah, Clay did help. I found them on my drive home from hiking with a friend. People stop to see his house. We are trying to leave our mark before we have to leave.


1 comment:

Skylar and Sabrina said...

Looks like you guys are having lots of fun! We miss you guys, but we're happy for you. And I've got good news, I'm pregnant! We're due the end of August.
If you want to see our updates, my blogs are happydejongfamily.blogspot.com and ohthewoesoftheflatchestedwoman.blogspot.com