We had fun being with friends before we left and staying with my friend who now lives in Idaho along the way to Canada. Chrissy has two girls now and they are pretty darn cute!
We have noticed an accent and sometimes don't completely understand people because of the different intonations they use. They also say, "right", at the end of some of their sentences. Not that they are asking a question but I think it is a comfortable filler word. It is so cool to find differences and similarities.
We are grateful that the Church we belong to is found almost every where. We are able to worship and learn the same as in Utah or Canada. I know that the Church of Christ has been restored and that He leads his Church by a living Prophet today, Thomas S. Monson. Seeing that it is possible for the Church and ordinances are the same anywhere where the restored priesthood is present is one testimony to me that our Savior truly leads His church. No mortal man could begin this or continue such a marvelous pure and clear gospel throughout the world.
We made it to the boarder. We waited for 1/2 hour to get to the front of the line and then spent an hour answering quesitons. Wow, we didn't feel too welcomed at the first. But our ward is super nice and we love where we are living. Hopefully the sun will find its way here. I have been out running every day though so I can't complain about slipping on snow and ice. We have a play ground just a three minute walk from our house and the community centers offer play groups so Clayton and I will be having lots of fun together.
This is mild compared to the night that is was dark, blizzardy, and we slid off down a bank. We got out thankfully to four-wheel drive vehcile. We saw 8 cars after us in the same situation but without 4-wheel drive so they had a police and a tow truck helping them out. We are grateful for a loving Heavenly Father. We truly felt watched over. 10 more feet and we would have hit huge rocks and going the speed we were going we figure we would have flipped. Yes, we slowed way downnnnn.
Our car was so packed that it looked like Clayton was just shoved into the car. Funny!
Clayton made a stranger's home his really quickly. We are grateful for Linda and Ron for renting to us for soooo cheep and letting us use everything (almost).
5 comments:
We're so happy that you all made it there safely.
You are real Canadians now! I'm so glad you made it safely from your bog and what Mom said, you had a pretty rough trip. We're glad you were watched over! Sounds like you will have plenty to keep you busy for a few months. Can't wait for more pictures of all your adventures!
Hooray! It sounds like an awesome place to be. Wish I could come visit. Hope you got my message...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! You all are great! We love you, Erin
I love how Clayton is being offered an ice cream cone while he is in his car seat. Classic!
So glad you made it "safely". I can't wait to hear all about the adventures. I just have to add that the Church might be the same everywhere, but you are going to quickly see that the people may not be. :) Have fun discovering the new ways of life. It is so fun!
Post a Comment